Sunday, November 21, 2010

Andropause - A British Perspective

There's obviously quite a bit of controversy regarding andropause and its existence, much less its definition & treatment.  Consider this recent editorial published in the UK two weeks ago.  On the side of conservative traditional medicine are those who say that andropause is just part of aging.  Leave it alone.  Don't mess w/testosterone b/c it's dangerous.  In other words, male midlife crisis not a real syndrome or condition, unlike menopause.  Others define it only in sexual terms accompanied by absolutely low testosterone levels as demonstrated by your local lab.  Still others are willing to treat base upon symptomatology alone regardless of blood levels.  I'd like to think that I am somewhere in the middleground, willing to treat those w/"C" or "D" levels who are used to "A" or "B" grades.  However, I am also not thrilled with the idea of tutoring someone to an "A+++++" level if you get my drift.  If you have some time, watch my television interview coming up next month.  And let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment