Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dead Phone Leads to Communications Withdrawal!

Just in case anyone's been trying to reach me, my barely one year old Samsung Epic 4G went on the fritz earlier today (barely 2wks past its 12mo warranty!).  No signal, no service.  Nada.  Bupkiss.  Nothing.  Actually the phone was digitally roaming the past couple of days even though I was home.  Lily's exact same phone was picking up the Sprint signal but mine insisted on digital roam.  Well, remember that curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, my phone. 

I called Sprint from said working Samsung Epic 4G and they told me to turn it off for 10 minutes while they rebooted it from their end.  Once I turned it back on, no signal.  Big fat nothing.  Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire!

Called their service folks back (from a land line) and went thru powering off & on, taking the battery out, etc.  Even tried hard reset (several times!) by holding down camera shutter, volume down & power buttons simultaneously.  Went as far as entering the "MSL" code but no luck.  Finally took it into the Sprint store where they replaced the antennae but still no signal.  So in case you've been trying to reach me, now you know why I haven't answered or called back.

I even tried Samsung's Live Chat Support but without any help besides "send it back for repair".  Hopefully I'll get my old Palm Pre juiced up by the AM and have the Sprint folks turn it on while I wait a week for my replacement Samsung Epic 4G (for $35 plus tax).  And since Palm insisted on data in but no data out with regards to contact information, I'll be using this phone only for calls, no email, internet, etc.  How quaint!  Thanks for bearing w/me.



Health
Top Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment