Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dead Phone Leads to Communications Withdrawal! Part 2

In one sense, yesterday was nice because all was quiet.  My Samsung Epic 4G wasn't constantly ringing off the hook or vibrating with emails & texts.  On the other hand, it was also unnervingly stressful as I attempted to get plugged back into society but kept failing miserably without Sprint 3G/4G cellular service.  I just kept hoping that family, friends, colleagues & facilities would try to reach me via other methods, eg email & fax.  As long as I was sitting in an office, I was fine.  But there was no way I could get mobile and stay in touch.  At least I didn't have to worry about Nevada's new hands free cellphone law while driving.

Well, my phone miraculously came back online this morning, albeit still digitally roaming, but at least it's back.  It's taken a while for me to get thru all the voicemails and take of yesterday's issues (sorry!).  However, any texts were erased when the phone was reset.  Oh well.

On a different note, as I attempted to fax some orders, my electronic/internet fax (service) refused to work.  I couldn't even fax to myself!  Brand new HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus and now it doesn't work!  Well, it copies & scans.  Luckily, the folks at www.extremefax.com were aware of an ongoing issue and had me switch from "scan to PDF" to "scan to searchable PDF".  Problem solved!

So back to my original problem.  I'm still digitally roaming but at least I can do that.  I guess I'll stay in my frying pan a while longer and not get too curious.  Stay tuned!  I'm supposed to get a remanufactured Epic 4G in 7-10 days . . .





Health
Top Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment