Monday, October 22, 2012

Weight Loss from Starbucks Diet?

You get to read  a lot of old magazines while waiting in professional offices.  I figured I'd try to stay a bit more current by surfing the Internet on my phone this past week or so.  In doing so, I stumbled upon what appeared to be a good fishing tale.  Apparently, a 66yo law librarian lost 75 pounds, no 80 pounds, almost 85 pounds while eating daily at Starbucks for 2 years.

What I found interesting was the interpretation of this means of controlling one's caloric intake by Shape and Men's Health, which took almost opposing views.  While neither recommended the Starbucks diet as the best & most balanced means of losing weight, Shape focused on the downsides, such as restricting oneself to a very narrow menu that would border on boring after the 1st week.  Men's Health focused on the bigger picture of calories and making healthy choices when faced with temptation.  

Personally, I like the Mediterranean diet for its balance of vegetables, lean protein & healthy oils.  It also helps that this way of eating has been studied and linked to better health outcomes than any other diet.  In case, you're wondering, there are also less expensive ways of eating than stopping by Starbucks three times a day.  Let's hope she purchased stock in the company before starting her diet . . .



Health
Top Blogs

1 comment:

  1. This will pass. I've mentioned temporary issues in my blog before, and this is no different. But it does confirm my belief in the importance of feeding our kids the best foods we possibly can. And yes, it's expensive, but my wife and I make it a priority. You should make it a priority too. I recommend feeding a child with autism the best diet availablewhat raspberry ketones are the best

    ReplyDelete