Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Don't Just Sit There, Do Something! Part 13 Life Expectancy

It's deja vu all over again. Yogi Berra

I had a strong sense of deja vu as I reviewed a population-based cross-sectional observational study of 11,247 Australians, New Zealanders, and British, published this month in the British Journal of Sports Medicine in which the authors concluded that television watching was associated with a reduction in life expectancy, so I kept digging (albeit nicely).

And then I found my August 18, 2011 post regarding an advance online copy of the exact same article.  The good news is that I still interpret data in the same fashion as I did over a year ago.  The bad news is that it takes over a year to go from an advance online copy to the real deal.

Bottom line: watching TV is bad for you.  So get out there and do something.



Health
Top Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment