- About Me
- About You . . .
- About This Blog
- About My Practice (UPDATED 7/12!)
- Ask Me, I'm A Doctor! (UPDATED 11/12!)
- How's My Driving?
- Stuff My Attorney Made Me Say
- Stuff I've Written or Presented
- Watch Out!
- Hear Me Roar!
- Low Cost Medical/Dental/Pharmacy Options
- You Like Me! You Like Me!
- So You Want to Contact Me!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Nature vs Nurture re Diabetes & Obesity
This week's issue of NEJM has a nice review of our current state of knowledge regarding how genomics affects our risk for diabetes & obesity. While new advances might help us individually tailor treatment in the future, we're not there yet, not by a long shot. So let's not forget the old nature vs nurture debate. Rather than using this study as an excuse to give up, let's refocus on our ability to control our genomic destiny to a great extent by making positive lifestyle choices.