published online this week, the author's asked whether beauty sleep is real or just a phrase.
In fact, by randomly comparing the photographs of 23 healthy participants after a normal (8 hours) night's sleep and then again after 31 hours of consciousness after just 5 hours rest, 65 untrained observers were able to distinguish sleep status based upon appearance alone without actual knowledge as to when each photo was taken.
In other words, the participants appeared less healthy, less attractive, and more tired in the latter sleep deprived state compared to their former rested status. So getting one's beauty rest isn't an excuse after all!
- About Me
- About You . . .
- About This Blog
- About My Practice (UPDATED 7/12!)
- Ask Me, I'm A Doctor! (UPDATED 11/12!)
- How's My Driving?
- Stuff My Attorney Made Me Say
- Stuff I've Written or Presented
- Watch Out!
- Hear Me Roar!
- Low Cost Medical/Dental/Pharmacy Options
- You Like Me! You Like Me!
- So You Want to Contact Me!